Tuesday 15 January 2008

More Valentines


I really enjoyed working on the heart shaped ATCs that I showed you a couple of days ago so decided to make some more!
I do a lot of cutting and sticking; I like to move all the bits about until I get the balance that I like.
Sometimes if you cut and decoupage,
allthough the white edges don't show when you look at your finished card, they often do on a photo.
To avoid that, I like to run a small stamp pad of a similar colour to the picture along all the edges to tone out the white or other background.
It also adds a bit of depth.
The ribbon that I used on these ATCs was a lucky find in a charity shop. Its very old and a great colour.
To get the width I wanted to tie onto the key,
I cut it in half lengthwise and then frayed the edges.

No comments: