Tuesday 6 March 2012

Bunny Love by Amy Sunshine

Everything I own -- my clothes, my furniture, and a good part of my respiratory tract -- is made with angora. That's because I share my home with a 4-pound angora rabbit. He was originally purchased in a fit of misplaced longing for my kids, who'd gone off to college, and a conviction that I'd one day learn to spin. Why not get a utility pet, I figured -- someone to love, and to make sweaters out of? What could be bad?

I picked the handsomest lilac puffball of the litter, brought him home, and named him Benzo [short for benzodiazepines, a class of tranquilizers] because he calmed me down. My husband nicknamed him TLC, for Tastes Like Chicken. [Can you say gender gap?] "Sure he's cute," Don said, "but what does he do?

Read the rest of this article from Knitty Magazine here:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/FEATbunnylove.html

No comments: