Tuesday 10 January 2017

Creative textiles - blue


The Creative Textiles course was held at   
The Old Artroom in Swaffham.

Jane Clarke was our tutor and she made it a fun time and we all stretched ourselves and achieved great stuff.




Once I had finished working with those glorious autumn colours, I worked on a blue fabric book.
This page is made up of threads trappped in Sulky and free machined to make a lacy delicate fabric.
Then the two pieces were layered on blue velvet.



Eyelet starburst embroidery on linen backed with a gold fabric.



Hardanger embroidery backed with gold fabric.
I went to a workshop held by the lovely Dilys Harvey.
I would never have believed that I could achieve this but Dilys tuition was so helpful.

This is the only embroidery that I have worked on since I was at school... a looooooooong time ago.



No comments: