Friday 17 July 2009

Floral ATC


The theme for this months ATC swap was Floral.
This is a finished one of mine made for the swap. The technique was quite an easy one; the backing is card, onto this I laid a page from a vintage gardening book and cut it to size. The pages from this book are very old and yellowed so get used a lot, especially when I am doing a vintage theme. I bought the book from a charity shop and love it!
I used a green ink pad to wipe around the edge of the card . I like to do this as it gives another dimension and adds to the aged look. It bleeds gently into the paper and finishes off the edges. My favourite colours to use for this are ochre and brown or other oldish looking shades but it will work just as well for a bright and zingy card with lovely vivid colours. Sometimes I then dip the edges into embossing powder and give it a zap with my heat gun, but for these ATCs I decided to leave them with just the hint of colour.
I then took a playing card which had flowers on the face, cut it in half diagonally and glued it to the front of the card, leaving a gap around the edge and through the middle.
The little leaves that I stuck randomly down one side are punched from a variety of different coloured papers. Inexpensive but effective!
I hope you like my design. Today I am sorting all the ATCs out and will get them in the post on Monday. Have a great and Arty day x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a lovely atc Stephanie.

Jayne x